Armstrong Flooring - Flooring Hardwood Flaw

2.0

We had Armstrong fold & click hardwood flooring installed 2 years ago, and upon our return from Florida we uncovered a number of floor boards, next to a sliding doo,r started to blister and appeared to be wearing out.

I contacted both Worldwide Floors and Armstrong Corporation to have the problem resolved; as the floor is guaranteed by Armstrong for 25yrs. However, after the adjuster sent by worldwide to inspect the damaged area wrote her findings -- both companies said I had water seeping beneath the flooring, and this was the cause of my problem.

This is not so, were water there "why then did the installers lay down the floor" without requiring remedial action to correct it. The rug we had removed was bone dry and there was no water stains on the back, nor did the concrete floor show water stains. Further, the moisture reading the inspector purportedly recorded would indicate a major underlying issue, and the water damage should have covered at least 50 - 100 boards, and not just 7 in question. The condo is lived in 5 months a year {snowbirds], thus the damage occurred in less than 2-years of installation.

Foot traffic in and out of our patio door is minimal. Also, the Sun never shines into the condo.

Plus, the interior flooring and sliding doors are inches higher than the outside patio concrete area -- thus rainwater is not an issue.. We paid over $7,000 for the flooring, and both companies tell you TAKE A HIKE!

Product or Service Mentioned: Armstrong Flooring Laminate Flooring.

Reason of review: Warranty issue.

Preferred solution: Replace damaged floor boards.

I didn't like: Pushing the problem to the installer - worldwide.

• Bruce Wood Floors by Armstrong Flo
  • poor quality bruce flooring
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Mar 12.

Armstrong Flooring Defective-refuse to honor warrantee

3.0

Our Exotic Fusion Mountain Elm, Bali Heritage Armstrong flooring was discontinued one year after we had it installed. Claimed that style changed.

Our floor scratched from simply walking. The weight of people sitting in kitchen chairs actually caused the flooring to dent and collapse. When we reported the issue, same story, Armstrong paid lip service, came out and checked the floors, took samples and we never heard from them again. Time for an attorney.

Poor quality and they do not stand behind their product. If I could upload pictures you would cry. Replacement estimated at $35,000. This includes new floors, labor to move furniture and to remove-and-reinstall built in closets to reinstall new floor.

***** Suggest avoiding Armstrong floors.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

• poor quality armstrong flooring
  • bali heritage
  • poor quality bruce flooring
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Sep 29, 2014.

Armstrong Flooring - Poor Quality Bruce Brand Wood Floors by Armstrong

Bruce pre-finished wood flooring by Armstrong was installed in our newly built home in April of 2009. This was the Waltham 3-1/4" oak strip flooring in the color Whiskey.

The product was cupped in several areas from the first day it was installed. After complaining to both Armstrong and the local installer we received no satisfaction. Armstrong sent an inspector out to measure the moisture level of the floor and recommended that a vapor barrier be installed under the house. The funny thing was, there was already one installed, which he crawled under the house and commented on during his visit.

The finish is now wearing poorly. In addition to many spots, the finish on the edge of the boards, which has a slight bevel, looks to be worn off. Recently a large splinter has come up on the edge of a board. Luckily none of my kids were hurt when this happened.

Now I have to figure out how to repair this defect.

My floors in my last house were almost 70 years old and looked better than the less than 5 years old Bruce floor from Armstrong. Do not buy this product, Armstrong does not stand behind their products!

I tried to post this review on the Armstrong website several times and it would not let me.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

• Bruce Wood Floors by Armstrong Flo
Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 30, 2013.