Bruce pre-finished wood flooring by Armstrong was installed in our newly built home in April of 2009.This was the Waltham 3-1/4" oak strip flooring in the color Whiskey.

The product was cupped in several areas from the first day it was installed. After complaining to both Armstrong and the local installer we received no satisfaction. Armstrong sent an inspector out to measure the moisture level of the floor and recommended that a vapor barrier be installed under the house. The funny thing was, there was already one installed, which he crawled under the house and commented on during his visit.

The finish is now wearing poorly. In addition to many spots, the finish on the edge of the boards, which has a slight bevel, looks to be worn off. Recently a large splinter has come up on the edge of a board. Luckily none of my kids were hurt when this happened.

Now I have to figure out how to repair this defect.

My floors in my last house were almost 70 years old and looked better than the less than 5 years old Bruce floor from Armstrong.Do not buy this product, Armstrong does not stand behind their products!

I tried to post this review on the Armstrong website several times and it would not let me.

Monetary Loss: $20000.

Had an Experience with Armstrong Flooring?

Comments